By the time you read this, I’ll be at the airport, anxiously waiting for my departure to Greece.
1. Your most treasured passport stamp? Although I already have a passport stamp for Peru, I’d have to say my most treasured passport stamp is my Machu Picchu stamp. I thought it was pretty cool getting two stamps for one country.
2. Can you recite your passport number from memory if asked? Just memorized it now. Lol. I’m pretty good at memorizing numbers. I know my bank account number off by heart, which is 16 digits long, but then again I check my bank account everyday.
3. Preferred method of travel: Plane, train, or automobile? Plane- hands down. I enjoy the whole take off process. If I wasn’t so anti-social, I would want to be a stewardess. Trains are nice, but I feel they move kind of slow. I’ve done road trips, but they’re my least favourite form of travel.
4. Top three travel items? That’s a tough one. It would change depending on where I’m going. For now I’ll say- camera, guidebook and Birkenstocks.
5. Hostel or hotel? I’ve done both, but now that I’m getting older and sleeping less, I lean more towards hotels.
6. Are you a repeat visitor, or do you prefer to explore new places? I have been to Eastern Canada twice and NYC twice, but because there are SO MANY places to see, I prefer to explore new ones. However, I wouldn’t mind going back to NYC because it is such a great place with so much going on.
7. Do you read up on your destination, or do you wing it? I like being prepared for the most part, so I try and make an effort to read up on my destination and even learn a little bit of the language.
8. Favourite travel website? LonelyPlanet. I recently came across this amazing travel website: Travel Fashion Girl. It’s filled with tips on what to pack for different parts of the world during different times of the year.
9. Where would you recommend a friend to visit, and why? I would recommend visiting Costa Rica. It’s such a beautiful place. Like a scene out of the movie Avatar.
10. You’re leaving tomorrow and money is no option; where are you going? Australia and New Zealand! Perhaps I can crash at your place, eemusings? 😉