Today was a great day for Canadians in the Olympics. The women’s hockey team beat Finland 3-0. Alex Bilodeau defended his title and snagged the gold in men’s moguls. Charles Hamelin snagged gold in 1500 men’s short track speed skating. As of right now, we are in first place for medal standings.
GO CANADA GO!!!
It’s such an amazing feeling watching the athletes represent your country and do amazing physical feats. Freestyle mogul skiing looks so cool and quite scary at the same time. It’s an even more amazing feeling when you see them capture the gold. You can’t help but feel such pride.
Speaking of pride, I’m proud to be part of the list nominees for the 2014 Top Canadian Finance Blog Poll hosted by Jeremy @ Modest Money. If you haven’t already casted your vote, do it now and include me as part of your fave five! With the exception of a few posts, I know I haven’t really emphasized that I am Canadian in my blog, (are you pleasantly surprised?)so I will give you some good reasons to vote for me.
Here’s how I’m Canadian in a “personal finance” sense:
- I always say “sorry” to the cashier when I use my coupons and price match at the grocery store.
- I use my PC Financial MasterCard to collect points to redeem them for free groceries.
- I think Canadian Tire money is cool. It’s almost like regular Canadian currency because the different denominations are different colours.
- Two of the stocks I currently own are Canadian: CN and RBC
- My income comes from a Canadian owned company and the Canadian government
- I heart Gail Vaz-Oxlade
So vote for me, eh? 😉